My TOP 10 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Picks

3:00 PM



What's trending this month? The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale! I'm sure we all know what the deal is, but if you don't, it is when Nordstrom's brand-new arrivals are discounted for a certain amount of time. Seriously, it's like Christmas in July. During this event, you will find your basics to your trend pieces for the upcoming season. Not only is it the best time to stock up on your basics, but this is also the best time to do some splurging. Today, I'm sharing with you my top 10 splurge-worthy, must-haves from this year's Anniversary Sale.

1. Slip-On Sneakers: Adidas Superstar Slip-On Sneaker // Vince Corbin Slip-On Sneaker

Slip-on sneakers are one of my go-to sneaker styles because of how easy they are to wear. There are two styles I chose from the sale: one from Adidas and one from Vince. The Adidas ones are a twist to the original Superstar's and are a fun pair to add to your shoe collection, especially if you've jumped on the Adidas bandwagon–you know these won't stay in stock! The Vince ones are such a classic and they're comfortable. I've worn mine for five years and still counting–they literally go with anything!

2. Denim Jacket: Topshop Ripped Denim Jacket // T by Alexander Wang Denim Jacket

I was surprised to see two really good denim jackets from the sale. The Topshop one has so many rips in it that it's the perfect denim jacket to achieve that edgy, streetstyle look. If you're looking for more of a staple piece, then opt for the one by Alexander Wang. The silhouette is more feminine and can be easily thrown onto any outfit, especially that denim-on-denim outfit!




You know I love my leather jackets and this is the time to invest in one! If you're looking for a long-lasting, classic leather moto jacket, then the Mackage one is a must. It's great all year round and you won't see it going out of style for awhile. If you already have a classic leather jacket, then go with the suede one by Topshop. Everyone eventually needs to add a suede leather jacket once they have their classic in. I especially like this one because it looks like there's already wear to it, showing some character and dimension. You can dress it up with a slip dress or dress it down with a band tee tucked in a pair of boyfriend jeans.




I am seriously loving all the lip sets from the sale because they are mostly all nudes! I chose my two favorite brands to highlight from the sale: YSL and Charlotte Tilbury. I use both brands and I absolutely love their color payoff. But you do have to get the Charlotte Tilbury set especially if it includes their bestselling Pillowtalk lip pencil!

I have been a huge fan of Armani beauty products ever since I started using the Maestro and Luminous Silk foundation (both are very popular–Maestro is great for a matte coverage and LS is great for that dewy finish). This set is probably one of the best deals I came across and is a must if you are a Armani fan like myself. What this set includes is their Fluid Sheer, which is a liquid highlighter (applies the best with a beautyblender) and their Maestro UV, which is a primer with sunscreen. Now, you get two full-size bottles for much less than what you would've paid if purchasing them separately. 

Frame jeans are my go-to denim brand. Typically, a pair costs at least $200, but you can get a pair during the sale for less! I love how Frame offers trendy styles but are so versatile at the same time. 



If Gucci is on sale, then you got to get it, right? From my experience, I don't think I have ever seen Gucci on the event. I specifically chose these because they reminded me of the Acne Studios Mustang sunglasses, however, the size and color of these Gucci ones will be a long-lasting piece in your sunglasses collection!

When I saw these in person, I immediately fell in love with the color. The red in person is much darker as opposed to what is shown on the site. If you want to try the tassel earring trend, you only need one pair and they are these!

9.  Theory Nyma Cortina Asymmetrical Coat

What I love about coats like this is that they become a blanket when you wear them indoors! You can't imagine how many times it has kept me warm during class. Also coats with this silhouette can instantly dress up an outfit! You can pair this with a sweater, skinny jeans, and a pair of slip-on sneakers and you're good to go!



Last but not least, a pair of booties to splurge on! While the sale focuses primarily on pieces for the fall, these Rag & Bone booties are great for now too. The bootie style looks great with shorts, skirts, and dresses and can be easily be paired with jeans once the weather cools down. The heel height is going to make these booties comfortable as well. Thumbs up on these if you're shopping for back-to-school!



Well, that concludes my top 10 picks from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2017! Overall, I think the beauty department is definitely winning from this year's sale. There are just a ton of beauty sets to choose from and they're everyone's favorites bundled up in a deal. Have you shopped the sale yet? What's your favorite item from the sale? Let me know!

If you're not a Nordstrom cardholder, don't worry because the public sale is just about to go live this Friday, the 21st!




You Might Also Like

0 comments