New in: Givenchy Rottweiler iPhone 5 Case + REVIEW

4:27 PM

One of Givenchy's most recognizable artwork is the Rottweiler head. The artwork has been printed on tees, accessories, shoes, etc. I was hoping to own an item with the artwork, however having a Rottweiler head on some of the items are a bit too much for me. With that being said, I decided to go with the iPhone case because it was more subtle than the others.

Source: ssense.com


The iPhone case retails for $90. I have to say it is expensive for an iPhone case especially if it is a hard shell. However, before I made my purchase I thought it would be okay to splurge a little since I use my phone almost every minute and I am not the type to have a billion cases to switch everyday. It would be okay to spend $90 and use the case for a year or so, right?

Unfortunately when the phone case arrived, I was a bit disappointed. The case came with a box and the box made me question its authenticity. The Givenchy box was very out of shape, boring, and very simple - simple enough to pass as a DIY. Additionally, I was hoping the material of the case would be a better quality considering how much the case costs but it was just the typical plastic used on hard shell cases. And for some reason (most pictures I have seen), made me thought the case was matte. Since it isn't matte, the case looks a bit tacky to me.





This case is available on ssense.com (a Canada based boutique - ships to the US and sells authentic designer pieces) and after purchasing mine it looks like most department stores will be receiving some stock in the Fall. Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman are now accepting pre-orders online.

Thank you for letting me share. Enjoy!

You Might Also Like

0 comments