Favorite Skincare Products + Review

1:23 AM

I'm back today with a skincare post! 

It's hard to find the perfect skincare products with troublesome/acne-prone skin so I'm sharing with you guys the ones that worked and why they're my favorites. 
  • Arcona Triad Pads
    • My esthetician recommended this to me and I'm so glad she did because it's one of the best facial pads I have ever used. The pads are soaked in a cranberry-scented toner, which smells amazing and leaves skin moisturized without feeling any oil build up right away (a major plus when you're a greaseball). The toner also dries quickly so you can move onto your next step in your skincare routine right away. These facial pads are also very effective in minimizing pores. I've gotten the best results when I store the jar in the fridge. Plus, it's extremely refreshing to use when it's cold on a hot summer day.
  • Glam Glow Supermud
    • Hands down the best mask for acne-prone skin. This is already my fourth jar because I seriously can't live without it. I ran out for quite some time and thought I could hold off for a bit considering how pricey it is for such a small jar, but I noticed how my pores were getting clogged. The mask just sucks out all the dirt and calms any active zits. And surprisingly, it's one of the few products that show results overnight.
  • Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip Clay Cleanser
    • I discovered this cleanser while browsing at Sephora and thought I would give it a try since I had a good experience with the Luna oil. After a week of using it, I noticed how healthy my skin looked. I use this along with my Clarisonic or Foreo and the cleanser just melts into your skin (which probably explains the name of this cleanser). It's a great cleanser to start off your mornings and/or after your wash off your makeup. I also noticed how my pores were becoming less visible and my dark spots (acne scars) were getting lighter (double thumbs up to that).
  • Clarisonic Smart Profile
    • Let me just say, I can't live without my Clarisonic. I got my first Clarisonic six years ago and just upgraded last year. I was sold after my esthetician used this on me during our facial session. The new speeds made my skin feel extra cleaned. The Clarisonic is also the best tool to get rid of all your makeup. No matter how well your cleanser is or how long you clean with your hands and a towel, it doesn't compare to a Clarisonic. 
  • Foreo Luna Mini 2
    • This is another great tool to maintain healthy skin! I use this on days when I don't wear makeup or when I just want to feel refreshed. The Foreo is best on dull skin because it'll rejuvenate your skin without being too harsh. Moreover, the silicone brush will help smoothen your skin without causing any drying.



  • Kate Somerville Oil-Free Moisturizer
    • At first, I was only using a sample from Sephora but I got hooked to it after. It's definitely what someone with acne-prone skin would use–it's lightweight and dries quickly. It's an amazing moisturizer for the daytime and to prep the skin for makeup. I still get oily throughout the day but just not as quick compared to when I use other moisturizers that claim to be "oil-free". 
  • Neutrogena Cleansing + Makeup Remover
    • This is my go-to cleanser for my first step when taking off my makeup and this is so much better than the Neutrogena's makeup wipes because it gets off waterproof mascara. I try not to use my Clarisonic directly on makeup so I don't have to change my brush so often. With that being said, I use this cleanser to take off majority of my makeup before going back in with my Clarisonic and Sunday Riley's cleanser. Also, great for those who are lazy to take off makeup before bed because its strong enough to take off majority of it. Not a ton of residue left if you choose not to go back in with another cleanser.
  • Arcona Magic White Ice
    • After using the Arcona pads, I looked more into their line and thought I'd give this moisturizer a try. It's definitely a thicker moisturizer, but it's suitable for your nighttime routine especially when you're using serums or acne treatments that can be harsh and drying. 
  • Raw Complexions Beauty Food
    • A huge thank you to Raw Complexions for introducing me to their beauty food! These food powders have been helping me with maintaining my skin and I love how these are so easy for on-the-go. You can easily incorporate it to your daily diet, too! Keep in mind that the supplements have a strong taste so I suggest mixing it in a sweet beverage. Trust me, the taste is worth enduring though. The food powders have made my skin more plump and the amount of zits have lessen. I highly recommend these compared to beauty supplements in the form of capsules because I personally find this safer.

What are you favorite skincare products?

You Might Also Like

0 comments