My Summer 2015 Essentials

1:03 AM


Hello, all! 

I am extremely excited about today's post because I recently did a photoshoot with a good friend of mine, in which I showcase some pieces I thought would be essential for summer. So, let's get started!

• Shorts: Frame Denim 'Le Grand Garçon'
My current favorite/go-to piece ever since summer started has got to be the 'Le Grand Garçon' short by Frame. The subtle rips and cuffed hem give the short enough details. The "boyfriend" style short is my number one summer essential piece (I've got to add more to my wardrobe!). The loose fit makes sitting comfortable (grabbing lunch with friends, enjoying the day at the park, etc.) and the length is just enough to cover the bum.

• Shirt: Topshop Oversized Plaid Shirt
Often times I struggle to find a sweater to wear during the summer weather. Since the temperature drops by the evening and I'm out the whole day, I want to be prepared. So what I like to do is go for an oversized button-up shirt. Since a button-up shirt has some details, wearing it as a sweater in addition to your current outfit will give off a different look. If it gets too hot, the shirt can be easily tied around the waist giving your current outfit yet another different look.

• Bag: Proenza Schouler PS11
A cross body bag is a must for summer. Your hands will be busier, such as holding a cold beverage or  a camera. In addition, a cross body bag makes traveling so much easier (and I'm not just talking about long distance traveling). Personally, I love doing touristy activities in the city during the summertime so being able to take pictures or just being handsfree without worrying about my bag sitting on my forearm or shoulder is a plus.

• Shoes: Vince 'Annalie' | Adidas 'Superstar'
Since you are showing off your legs more during the summertime, a pair of 2-inch or 3-inch pumps are another must. A pair of short-heeled pumps will elongate your legs while still allowing you to walk comfortably. If wearing heels are really not your thing, a pair of sneakers would be the way to go. Whether it is a pair of classics or slip-ons, sneakers will always be comfortable. Plus, sneakers will give off a much more sporty, chic look.

• Leather Jacket: The Kooples 'Used'
A leather jacket is definitely a piece that depends on the weather. I definitely had to endure the heat while I wore the leather jacket during the photoshoot. A leather jacket is the perfect piece for a summer night-out, especially if you're wearing a "barely there" dress. Although there are other types of jacket that may also work, a leather jacket has can easily complete an outfit. A motorcycle-like paired with a dress will make the look very edgy while a round collar leather jacket will give a very feminine touch. 

Other outfit details:

• Top: BLK DNM 'T-Shirt 3'
• Sunglasses: Alexander McQueen Aviators














Before I conclude today's post, I do want to mention that I am currently obsessed with St. Tropez 'Everyday Gradual Tan' lotion ($30) from Sephora. I use to love tanning naturally every summer but have gotten hesitant lately with all these skin cancer articles on the web and in magazines. With that being said, I have opted for an artificial way. I highly, highly recommend this product because it is easy to use and gives a nice natural, non-streaky tan.

My friend and photographer of this photoshoot, Elizabeth, is currently fundraising for her mission trip to Turkey this summer. Funds from photoshoots will go towards her campaign so book with her if you're in the Seattle area or donate here.

Hope you all enjoyed this post as much as I did. It was definitely fun to do and I hope to do more in the future! Please leave any feedback you have in the comments - I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you all for reading and thank you again to Elizabeth for doing this with me. 




You Might Also Like

0 comments