New in: CELINE High Top Sneakers

7:55 PM

I'm back for a quick post on my most recent Céline purchase. I just can't resist when Céline goes on the sale rack.


Today's "new in" features the Céline High Top Sneakers in Dark Taupe. I know, I know - the style resembles one of Nike's classics: the Air Force 1. However, if you are familiar with Céline, Phoebe Philo is a huge fan of Nike. Although this piece is not a collaboration between Philo and Nike (that would have been awesome), I do admire how Philo brought the design up a notch. 

Philo did a wonderful job in bringing back the slip-on trend in past collections, however, I have to say that this high-top trend didn't do as well... BUT I still love it. I just love anything Céline (total bias right here). 

I have always been attracted to these when it first hit the shelf at Nordstrom but I was not going to pay $960, even when these got its first markdown to $576. I constantly checked the sale rack throughout the month designer sales were going on (not necessarily for this particular pair) during my shopping trips and every time I visited, these were still there. Until one day, I checked again on these and saw the double markdown to $384. I just couldn't pass on it (I can never pass on a good designer deal).








Céline's quality never fails me, especially the leather. The craftsmanship is just beyond amazing. Not only am I in love with the leather but also the one-inch platform - gives me a bit of a boost! One downside is the shoe lace. I have no idea why the laces are so long (refer to above pictures). 

I'm extremely excited to wear these. I think these would go great with a pair of distressed jeans (just because these shoes are already very structured) or do it like Philo and pair sneakers with some dress pants. 

I have recently snagged up a couple of designer finds at my second home, Nordstrom Rack, and will be posting very, very soon so stay tuned!

Don't forget to follow me on Instagram @missjesf to stay up to date with my most recent designer sale finds. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments